Information Needed to Make a Request
- Your name, telephone number and the agency you work with.
- When you need the interpreter: the date, the time and the duration
of the appointment.
- The nature and format of the meeting (i.e. medical appointment,
lecture, staff meeting, therapy session, etc.)
- Name of speaker(s)/presenter(s).
- Location of assignment (address, floor, building #, etc.).
- Number of participants.
- Names of Deaf participants and their preferred mode of communication,
if known. (i.e. American Sign Language, Oral, Signed English,
- Names of preferred interpreters. (Often Deaf individuals will
have a preference for specific interpreters.)
What Happens Next?
After we have secured an interpreter, we will contact you with
the interpreter’s name, phone number and address. You may
contact the interpreter directly to inquire about their fees and
policies and the interpreter may contact you to gather additional
information regarding the assignment. The interpreters are all independent
contractors in private practice.
If the interpreter you requested is not available, you can postpone
the appointment to another time when the preferred interpreter is
available, or we will try to locate another interpreter. In the
event we are unable to secure any interpreter for the assignment
requested, we will give you as much notice as possible.